Knowing we were working on deadlifts this morning was more than enough to get me out of bed after only 5.5 hours of sleep. The workout today was as follows:
Warm-up: 50% of max X 5
60% of max X 5
80% of max X 3
Max X 1 for 5 Sets with Heavy Ring Dips of 5 between sets
I continued to just work light on deadlift and focus on form. I worked really heavy on ring dips and worked all the way up to 3/5 reps with two weight vests and a 55# kettle bell. I think ring dips are definitely a strength of mine.
WOD 10 rounds or 15 minutes7 Pull-ups7 Burpee 7
I had to substitute for the Pull-ups because of my shoulder injury. I asked Jerry for a substitute and he recommended/instructed/mandated kettlebell swings. I did 14 reps of one arm kettlebell swings with 1 pood in place of the 7 pullups. Now I usually fly through the WOD, especially most of the MetCon WODs but I have to admit Jerry got me good. It was truly humbling, this WOD kicked my butt. I finished 9.5 rounds in the 15 minutes, I completed the burpees but didn't get a chance to complete the swings. Others around me definitely finished the 10 rounds in the 15 minutes, so I was disappointed but I was completely wiped out. I think Jerry picked something I needed to work on (using my hips on the swings) and modified it to be as challenging as possible. Well done. Part of me wished I could have done the pull-ups because I think I would have flown through the workout and maybe even get a sub 10 min workout.
Being injured is really frustrating, especially when finding substitution exercises. I can't wait to be 100%.
My plan was to roll this afternoon but was exhausted, so I took a nap. I am planning on rowing 5K or run tonight based on the weather.
Like I said, a lesson learned today but at the end of the day I need to work hard no matter what even if I am not 100%.
GO HARD or GO HOME
its just that simple
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment