Monday, September 15, 2008

Saturday 9/13 at CF Loudon-Dulles - Clean & Jerks

Friday 9/12 was my rest day and usually I sneak some sort of workout in but I can honestly say I gave my body the entire day. The barbell complex at CFOT looked fun, hopefully I can try it sometime. I was looking at the #s and there were some killer outputs.

Made the trip up to Loudon Dulles and started with a long warmup of 2 rounds: 10 pullups, 20 pushups, 30 Squats, 40 Abmats, 50 Double Unders. I didn't get all of the double unders but I definitely am seeing some improvement. I think I am jumping too heavy and need to focus on wrist speed. I am glad we did an long warmup because we were doing the mainsite WOD from the previous day: Clean & Jerk 3-3-3-3-3. So even though I missed the barbell complex on Friday I as able to get some work in. My jerks felt good and I felt like I was definitley under the bar. I worked up to 155# and was really happy with that, but I felt my power clean was a lot of arms and strength. It needs to be hips and throwing the elbows forward under the bar.

No comments: